Well, Shane was home sick today, so I had a whole day to spend with just my own personal "Curious George". I just had to share a bit of Shane's personality for those of you who do not get to see him much. He is and always has been very inquisitive and gets pretty deep with his questions. There really is no way to capture his curiousity so I made note of what a car ride is like with him. Even with a fever a sore throat, these are just some of the questions that came up in a 10 minute car ride today:
"How come when we go eat in 2 cars, you and Ryan leave first and Daddy and I take longer?" "When you get to heaven and you are an angel, do you still eat food?" "What if your mom and dad go to heaven and you need to go to your friends house- who takes you there?" (nice, that is all he is worried about!) "When a rocket blasts off, does it make an earthquake?" "What school did you go to when you were in Kindergarten?" "If Ryan's birthday is in September and that is before my birthday in November, how am I going to be a grown up before he is a grown up?" "When I grow up and am a grandpa, if Shelby needs me to help her or come live with me, I will let her." (no mention of helping Ryan) "Do you remember when we went to NASA and I jumped higher than the grown ups on the trampoline?" "How come it took Daddy like a year to put a battery in my car seat light?"
These are just the questions that I can remember- there were probably 10 more on completely different topics within that one car ride, so he keeps us on our toes! I tried to remind him that his throat hurt so he should rest it, but nothing slows down his thinking! Although it can drive you crazy, I am grateful and entertained that he is so interested in what is going on in the world and so bright. He's Mr. Personality and my "little" boy is ready for Kindergarten in August!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh my goodness he sounds EXACTLY like Elijah did at that age and don't worry he is 7 yrs old now and it still continues! Very smart and inquisitive! I should probably scan some elementary pics for him to see! Our hair ~ wow!
Post a Comment