You may have been following the blog this summer when I surveyed about when to get Shelby's ears pierced and the majority vote was 3 months. Well, I decided to just wait until I decided I wanted to and that happened the week of Thanksgiving. I knew I did not want to wait until she was old enough to predict what was happening and certainly not until she could tell me "no" because she knew it would hurt. We were ready for her to look girly even without a bow and that is what happened! She is a daintly little girly-girl no matter what she is wearing now! We went right after Thanksgiving lunch at Granny Dulaney's today and Grandma & Grandpa came with us so Grandma could hold her. I knew I wanted it done and after a couple of minutes she would forget what happened, but I also knew I did not want to be the one to hold her. That's what Grandma's are for, right!?!
Before....

and after...


She cried until she got back to mommy and after she told me all about it,
she stopped crying and moved on to getting hungry.



Later, we decorated for Christmas and they looked great and she didn't even notice.

We got her beautiful "diamond" earrings, since that is her birthstone and she needs to be fancy for her holiday events. Of course, they are white gold like her mommy & grandma, and if she wants to inherit any jewelry she likes, she better stick with that! ;) Thanks Grandma! She was already the most beautiful baby girl in the world, now she's just the most beautiful baby girl with a little bling in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment