We celebrated New Year's Eve by going out to dinner with the family and then coming back to our house for Colby's bday celebration and fireoworks.
2009 was the year of Shelby, but she feels pretty good about getting a lot of attention again in 2010!
Blake and Ryan
Cheryl and her daddy
Happy 7th birthday Colby!
Cheers!
Happy New Year Hats were pretty popular!
Even Granny Dulaney couldn't resist!
Out in the cold watching John and Eric put on the fireworks show. Ryan started out "concerned" about the noise (hands over ears), but eventually ended up running around loving them all.
The boys loved the hot chocolate to help warm them up
Celebrating "midnight" when the ball dropped in New York.
I have to share a little story to remind us of the children's perspective of things. Shane kept asking me if I was going to let him stay up to see the "ball drop". I told him yes and then started counting down to when we needed to be in the living room to see it on TV. When I said "2 more minutes", he ran to the front door and said "we have to go outside to see the ball drop!!". I guess he heard someone talk about it and had a vision of the huge ball dropping outside our house! Once we were watching it on TV, he thought he missed it after the countdown because it dropped so slow- he wanted it to really DROP on all of the people I guess.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




No comments:
Post a Comment