Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Special Delivery

The 3 Robert's- A. Robert Sr., A. Robert Jr., and Shane Robert at his baptism:

Well, it has already been 3 years since "Great Grandpa Flanders went to heaven" as Shane tells it. Shane was about 2 1/2 when he passed, but he has so many memories of him and still brings him up frequently. The last time I talked to Grandpa was in the hospital within a week of him passing. He was in and out, but when he woke up, we were alone and I told him that John and I planned to have one more baby and we hoped it was a little girl we would name Shelby Louise. I just wanted him to know I guess, since I knew he wouldn't meet her. The year we got pregnant with Shelby, we visited John's grandmother, not knowing that would be the last visit since she suddenly got ill a week later. We told her we were wanting another baby and she said it would be a girl this time. Thank you Grandpa Flanders and Nana for helping with the special delivery of our precious Shelby- she was worth the wait!

No comments: